Jobs @ TRACK
Lead Software Engineer (Full Stack)
This person will be integrally involved in building the business, working directly with experienced founders to shape the technical/product direction of TRACK. Competitive package.
There has been a huge shift in how we interact and engage with the financial services we use day-to-day. Products from Monzo to Clearscore have changed everything from our current accounts, to our savings & investments, to our pensions. We now demand clarity, transparency and simplicity – driven by new tech, delivered with beautiful UX.
The area of finances TRACK is particularly interested in is people’s homes. For most, a home is the biggest asset they will ever own, the most expensive purchase they will ever make, and the main outgoing in the monthly budget. But beyond finances, there is perhaps nothing with a greater impact on our families, futures, and plans.
TRACK is a mobile and web application seizing on an opportunity to give people complete visibility over their home – acknowledging that it’s both a financial asset and a personal one too.
Our mission is to simplify property finances by presenting them beautifully, instantly and in one place, so homeowners know where they stand and can make smart decisions.
TRACK’s founders have VC-backed startup experience, an exit, and deep knowledge of the property sector and its challenges.
Our Culture & Brand Values
Celebrate each win, but always push for the next one
Care about the work you do, and the impact you can make
Ask why and be curious; justify your position while keeping an open mind
Value great design and delightful simplicity in all aspects of the business
Value meaningful relationships
Having just closed our first round of investment, we’re starting to build our team ahead of launching the iOS App in October. This is our first hire, so you’ll be integrally involved in building the business, working directly with experienced founders to shape the technical/product direction of TRACK.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help build something from the ground up. You’ll play a key role in decisions about architecture, frameworks and technologies, along with the processes that’ll make our dev team one of the best around.
Stuff you’ll do
- Make key decisions about the tech we use – decide what you think is best
- Lead the development of our codebase, building on what we’ve got so far*
- Set up processes from scratch in everything from dev ops to testing
- Build a stellar team around you
- Plan and drive sprints, manage a small distributed team
- Work with UI/UX designers and product managers to create amazing products in a cross-functional team
- Care deeply about how we solve our customers’ problems
*Backend: PostgreSQL, Google Cloud, Node.js || Frontend: React Native + iOS UI kit.
The following probably describes you
- Experience as a senior or lead developer in an early-stage environment
- Pragmatic and results-focused under the pressures of a startup
- Love solving big problems in a smart way
- Fantastic technical mind, with full-stack development expertise
- An appreciation for good design and UX
- An excellent communicator – written and verbal
- Adept at crossing the chasm between attention to detail and big picture
- Optimistic attitude – you can see the best in bad situations
- A good technical degree from a leading university
- Competitive salary
- Stock options/equity for the right candidate
- Health & Wellness allowance
- Flexible working hours/unlimited holiday
- Choose and spec your hardware
- Shoreditch office